Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

Who has fraps?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who has fraps? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has fraps?

Post by gilgamesh993 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:19 am

eh sorry. i dont mean to be a buzz kill to u guys but it still didnt work. blanca, ur suggestion had the same result only without the processing bar. sorry. thanks for trying to help divide and blanca.

gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:55 am

@gil, I still don't know why it's not uploading...it's a wmv right? and like around 200 mb or so? Did you check like the youtube help stuff and see if your problem is answered there?

@blanca, Lmao damn, I was thinking I would have a friend to play against in SC1. Don't think I'm good cause I'm not. But yeah, I sorta get bored watching those because well first of all, I don't even know what they're saying. So I gotta ignore all that, but muting it just isn't right. although, playing more made me able to see what's going on. I play protoss a lot, although I'm more of a defense guy so I should actually play terran since that's the only race you CAN defend with. How's SC2 though? I heard like Toss is overpowered and everything...that sucks. And you can control like tons of units. That kills microing. In SC1 it's just like 12 units max to control at once so it all comes down to your micro skills. I don't think I'll like SC2 but hey that's just me. Just like Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl(if you guys know what that is) Melee>Brawl

Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blancanunca Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:58 pm

lol melee vs brawl for sure... and sc2 did pretty good, the macro was made much much easier so it focus's more on microing and unit position, and build obviously. all your gateways can be hotkeyed to 1 button, your probes automatically mine when u create them at a nexus, and you can have as many units as u want in 1 group... so there's no "macro" players who just only focus on macro and just through units at their opponent, its much more micro intensive, but the game was slowed down considerably in my opinion.

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Oh wow really? Sounds kinda stupid imo considering how I play SC. Auto mine probes eh? I mean yeah that's convenient but that sure does make it easier for players. I guess that's why it focuses on micro more. I understand the whole concept and all but ehhhh, I don't think I'd really like it.

Oh and I just noticed that we've been talking about SC in the fraps thread Very Happy
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blancanunca Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:22 pm

everything in the fraps thread has been covered, so its k =)
certainly macroing and microing is a huge thing in sc1, especially the pace... koreans might have more sc1 tourny's than they do sc2 tourny's even after the game is out for awhile.

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 pm

That's for sure. It's really hard for the pros to adapt to the new stuff of SC2. It was like me when Brawl came out. I couldn't play at all. Was like, NO WAVEDASH? I TRIP? INFINTE AIR DODGES? NO L-CANCEL? HUUUH? Did you see the new intro for the SC tournaments? It looks so cool, and they feature Flash first. I'll admit Flash is pretty damn good. I dunno how he does it.
I suck at microing though. There was this one game I played against my friend, I had such bad micro even though I had a bigger army I lost somehow. I play too defensively for a Toss >_>
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blancanunca Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:01 pm

heh, i think it would be easier for them to adapt to the new builds. i was hoping to see more longer replays than what i saw when watching sc2 videos with IdrA, but he just got cheezed and rushed... like, there are strategies in sc1 that can't be implemented because if you micro that much, your macro will suffer so much that you lose. Like the game between some zerg, i think calm, and flash. Flash went for an MM timing push on the expo with 3 or 4 tanks, and got absolutely wrecked by guardians sniping the tanks with ease, then pushed him back to base. Unfortunately, his follow up gameplay lacked and he lost... lol, more credit to flash to come back than to calm or whoever failing

there's also a strategy i'd really love to see and have only seen it a few times because of how micro / macro intensive it is, and that's queens for zergs. if they get queens instead of scourge spamming early in some games, terrans would have to choose between irradiating lurkers / defilers, to queens / defilers, if they do only lurkers / defilers they would get wrecked by ensnare swarm, such a deadly combo..

as for the strat against protoss, which i havn't actually seen yet, is parasite against an early shuttle harass, the toss would be forced to not use the shuttle, and if he doesn't notice that it's been parasited he would easily lose it as well as get his base scouted for his opponent. if they could focus on unit positions on the maps mostly instead of macroing, they could even broodling the templars effectively, which just isn't viable in sc1 currently. getting one unit like a queen early on, which has a really long range, to use energy every few minutes would be deadly if it could actually be used, but the pro's can't micro them and usually just throw them away after their first or second usage because they are too busy to realize that the unit is going to die because they are macroing. so if SC2 figures out how to balance the micro play with all the units so they could be used to their full capabilities while macroing, i think the game will be much better than the first, since an even wider range of strategies can be implemented, making scouting that much more important.

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Wait all this you're talking about SC2?

Queens, yeah. I rarely see them too.

And I see what you're saying. Normally macroing does take me a long time too. I mean, yeah I need to improve on my micro, but if I have no units, there's no point. SC2 would and could fix these up and I guess it'll be pretty easy for them to adapt, focusing on microing the most. However, I feel that because of how hard it can be to macro and micro that makes it that great of a game. The one who can macro and micro well, multitasking like crazy is the winner. Still, I understand what you're saying. Would be nice to see those kinds of strategies being used. I haven't seen any games for SC2 at all so I can't say anything about that yet, only SC1. But know that I really suck Very Happy
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:56 pm

ok bringing this up again cuz i got a vid that i really want to show u guys.

according to divide i shouldnt save project as because then it changes the file type. i didnt save it and its just sitting here. how do i convert it to a .wmv so youtube wil play it. i saw how to do it on youtube but i have no option to save file as or something like that but i dont have that option.. arggg
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Saving project as only saves it as a project. As in, wherever you put the clips and music in, it can help you load it in case you were doing tons of effect and stuff but want to finish another time. When you're done with it, click This Computer over at the left side(under Publish to, underneath Import and Edit and what not. Alternatively you can just click on File and click, Publish Movie and it'll save the thing as a wmv. You should learn to read Razz I'm pretty sure I explained how to do this in an earlier post

Who has fraps? - Page 2 88047413

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:27 pm

i know that god dammit! for some reason this time it didnt publish as a .wmv.

fine ima start over and not edit it.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2