Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

For those that use or have considered Fraps

3 posters

Go down

For those that use or have considered Fraps Empty For those that use or have considered Fraps

Post by guildamage Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm

One of the biggest issues i personally have had with fraps is the *huge* size all the files take up, generally a one minute clip ends up being close to a gig worth of size and if you record something very long, IE: a clan match, you tend to have a handfull of seperate files, all for 1 video.

I recently started using the CA in game recorder, although hesitant at first, this was because i was told that the quality on it (and i saw a few videos done this way) was horrible.

If you go into the recorder tab, you are able to change the quality of video. After testing things, i found that if you put the settings to YouTubeHD for the quality, you get perfectly crystal clear video.

The files are stored in you Combat Arms folder by default (no way to change it that ive found), and are named a fairly generic name: CA_day_month_year_video#.

Simply pressing the page down button acts as a start/stop button, and it will even record while in the lobby, each start/stop will make a new video file, but regardless of length, every video stays..as one file.

Also..for an entire clan match, roughly 10-15 minutes, even at HD quality, my video ended up being just over 1 gig, much smaller then what FRAPS recods at.

I just thought id share some insights. Smile

*The short version for the lazy*

CA In-game Recorder:

Pros:
Smaller video file
Able to change to HD, which takes great videos.
No need to re-encode

Cons:
No FPS marker
Takes a solid computer so you dont lag
Slightly glitchy, settings must be checked each log in
File namesare generic and the save spot is not changeable

guildamage
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

For those that use or have considered Fraps Empty Re: For those that use or have considered Fraps

Post by DaddyAshuu Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks for the help with that!! I might have to try it..
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

For those that use or have considered Fraps Empty Re: For those that use or have considered Fraps

Post by guildamage Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Yeah i ran both for a bit, the fraps on but not recording, just so i could compare my FPS and with my machine i didnt suffer much and kept well over 60fps while recording.

Gotta check the settings after logging off though, for some reason it randomly reverts back to youtube normal quality, which is like 240p vs the hd. That and the inability to change save locations is the biggest drawbacks ive found so far.

guildamage
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Namikaze Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 am

I used the Combat Arms recorder before on HD, it came out pretty nice. Though my computer lagged at first a bit, Eventually it smoothed out and I got used to it. Only reason I haven't upload any of my videos onto Youtube is because it takes forever to upload... My house would kill me if I lagged the net since everyone's always on the computer. =(
Namikaze
Namikaze
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by guildamage Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Namikaze wrote:I used the Combat Arms recorder before on HD, it came out pretty nice. Though my computer lagged at first a bit, Eventually it smoothed out and I got used to it. Only reason I haven't upload any of my videos onto Youtube is because it takes forever to upload... My house would kill me if I lagged the net since everyone's always on the computer. =(

Yeah i really need to upgrade my internet, 3mb/s and .5 up is horrible for trying to do that kinda stuff. It took me like 20 minutes to upload a 40 second clip @ 100mb.

guildamage
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down