Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

Who has fraps?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who has fraps? Empty Who has fraps?

Post by gilgamesh993 Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 am

I know a couple of you guys have fraps. Fraps is basically a video capture and you can post it on youtube like blanca. However the free version only captures 30 seconds of footage and then you have to restart it. The Full version is paid but you can record for as long as you like.

Now for anyone that has the FULL version of fraps:
Can you somehow post it here on the website? It's alright if you don't want to. I mean I would be insulted by that.. like why would you pay money for something and then give it to someone that could be anyone for free. I'm just asking that it would be nice to use it and record some gameplay.

If you are willing. . . idk how it's possible to post it here. maybe daddy knows since he made the website, but I dont want to make a hassle if no one wants to do it.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Who has fraps? Empty Re: Who has fraps?

Post by Fearth3name Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:37 pm

I am currently using this "questionable" copy of Fraps, Link. It works perfectly with CA, however i did run into some issues with punkbuster games.
Fearth3name
Fearth3name
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:27 pm

If someone wants to share...the easiest way to do it would be to upload it to a share site like these..

http://www.filedropper.com/

http://fileden.com/

http://www.megaupload.com/?c=signup

With these sites you upload your files then they send you a link and you cut/paste link here..not sure how long the file stays on site..but it should be long enough or if needed can do it again..

thanks!
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:20 pm

@ fear
what do u mean a questionable copy? is punkbuster the only problem or are there others?
is it the full version? well i'll still see how it does, regardless. thanks for the link Very Happy
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blancanunca Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:21 pm

i downloaded it from here:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3903227/Full_Version_of_Fraps
need utorrent to download: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads

the one i downloaded is out of date now i think... if u want a better version google: "the pirate bay fraps full version", there might be a full version 2.5 or something to download

but if u wanna play it safe and not risk the chance of getting a virus, those are the 2 sites i downloaded it from.

the downloads on thepiratebay are clean if there is a pink skull near the name, if u high light over it, it says "trusted", meaning they checked and made sure that at least that one on the site is clean

i gotta go do homework, didn't check if there was any updated versions but there prolly is

i havn't tested fraps with any other game other than SC2beta, plants vs zombies (lawl), and CA

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:20 am

yea i downloaded it about 2 hours ago and GOD DAMN! it brings my fps down to 25. ah well i frapsed a pretty decent game but i can't upload it because its too big. 3.90GB o.o is that normal? each one is 5 mins at most.... wth
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blancanunca Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 am

idk if ours is different if u downloaded fear's, but they should be the same.
make sure to, in order to increase FPS:
-do not record sound, helps a lot.
-do half-size, not full-size.
-run gamebooster to close unused programs, i haven't tried defragging game yet.

as for the file size, they are incredibly big... lol

in order to fix, use a video maker, i use Windows Movie Maker, the default one on every windows i believe. the size gets significantly smaller when u save the whole video as a video file, without cropping out the boring parts.

i save it as a video for local playback, since it has the highest FPS for the video it looks the nicest, but also uploads the slowest.

i get about 90 FPS when i do all of the above, so i can set the movie settings on fraps to 90 without getting lag. if u set it too high above your FPS when recording it lags more instead of reducing it. Also, if u haven't noticed, when frapping your sensitivity also decreases, so u might also want to press ] 1 or 2 times to get it back to where it was before frapping.

going to sleep now =p, i'll help more tomorrow if this didn't make sense

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:21 am

thanks for the tips with the fps. Ima fiddle around with it since gamebooster isnt really helping because i barely have anything left on my comp for it to shut down. I want to try to get sound in though...see what happens.

ill have to give it another go and do it RIGHT this time. the sensitivity, like u said, decreases. >.< I was missing all my sniper shots. ah well... ill see what happens tomorrow
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 am

Lol Gil Very Happy I have the same problem too. Goes down quite a lot. I can't play at all >_> One thing I forgot to try was Gamebooster..hm. I guess I have too many things open though..chatting with friends on skype while playing CA, google chrome's individual tabs' being a process, blah blah blah.

Also Gil, yeah the file size will be huge. Easiest way is to use windows movie maker and save the video to your computer. It'll be reduced to a few hundred mb.

blanca I have a feeling I have a lot in common with you...torrenting Fraps, SC2 which I bet you cracked hahaha (I'm currently afraid of playing SC2 cause I saw too many changes...I like regular SC the most).
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:14 pm

huh... something weird... i turned on fraps and i didnt lag. weirdest thing. it lagged the last time i tried it but just randomly it stopped.

well...

i tried to upload a video to youtube but it didnt work. im thinking its the file. its labeled as a .MSWMM or something like that.

any similar problems?
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:05 pm

You saved project as. You don't go to file and save it, you go to the left and press Save to: and there are choices. Choose My computer and it'll take about 10-20 minutes to process(depends on your specs)

And the reason for that is probably cause you were doing too much the other day and this time recording you weren't.

Well I guess you can go to file, and click publish movie. Ctrl+P.
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:39 pm

oh.. man i did it right the first time but it was too long. now its fine but i did i wrong. god damn im a newb
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Change what? o-o
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Divide00 wrote:Change what? o-o

no i got it now. i edited my reply :3
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearth3name Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 am

Glad you got it working Gil.
As for the,
is punkbuster the only problem or are there others?
Yeah PB is a real B' when it comes to Fraps. It will automatically kick me from games such as Battlefield 2, 2142, COD 2, COD4, Crysis, etc...
Other than that you should be fine with that copy, or other "free" copies roaming the internet.
Fearth3name
Fearth3name
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:57 am

yay fraps is working and i dont lag as much anymore 8D

nooo i cant upload videos to youtube D8

i get some random error. as soon as i was done editing it i said publish to computer. it's now a .wmv its under 2GB. less than 10 mins. it starts uploading and at around 12% it stops. total utter bs. i hate my life. i did successfully upload a video of a hacker before but it was only a minute. maybe thats why? i have no fking idea and i soon wont care if i cant figure out the problem.

EDIT: scratch that, exactly 12% each god damn time. wtf i hate youtube.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:29 am

Yes, about youtube. See, my videos took forever to upload. I dunno how long since I didn't keep track and it didn't tell me. I just let it do its job and it'll appear on my videos soon enough. Just have patience, that's all I can say
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:50 pm

no it stops and i get an error. i cant continue. i have to try it again. idc anymore i give up.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Hm that's weird then. I have no idea why it does this
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blancanunca Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:29 pm

sorry i havn't been on in awhile, or checking forums for that matter.. been alil busy

as for youtube problems: when i first made videos i couldn't even start uploading them to youtube, but there was a link at the bottom to "upload without the loading bar" or something, and that allowed me to upload them... idk about your problem, but try that.

as for divide00, i play SC2 alil, never got into sc1 but i do love watching the koreans play... i'm not good at executing gameplay, but i do understand how the game works pretty well. i think there are strategies the koreans don't use that would revolutionize their strategies, but they should know better than me =p

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:45 am

I want a full version fraps...Anyways I know Blanca has one because I saw the gameplay vids on YouTube Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:33 am

theres a bunch of links on the first page of this topic. yea its hard to see that ur on page 2.

and ty blanca ill try that now 8^) (i dont like the emoticons -.-)

EDIT: um ok i found the link and i chose the video i wanted to upload. i pressed upload and it stared that little buffering circle and hasnt stopped and given me an error. GREAT. but how do i know its actually doing anything or its my dumbass computer trying to load something else? do i jut have to wait? OoO

EDIT II:
ive been waiting for about 30-45 mins for it to do something else besides say loading... im afraid that im just wasting my time. am i?

Last edited by Gilgamesh993 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blancanunca Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:18 am

going to sleep; u know if the video is downloading if there are the box's with pictures in them near the spinning circle loading thing... YouTube is a busy sight obviously, so it might not happen right away, try uploading overnight-- cause then u'd know if it was your computer messing up or youtube going slow

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:19 am

eh sorry. i dont mean to be a buzz kill to u guys but it still didnt work. blanca, ur suggestion had the same result only without the processing bar. sorry. thanks for trying to help divide and blanca.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:55 am

@gil, I still don't know why it's not uploading...it's a wmv right? and like around 200 mb or so? Did you check like the youtube help stuff and see if your problem is answered there?

@blanca, Lmao damn, I was thinking I would have a friend to play against in SC1. Don't think I'm good cause I'm not. But yeah, I sorta get bored watching those because well first of all, I don't even know what they're saying. So I gotta ignore all that, but muting it just isn't right. although, playing more made me able to see what's going on. I play protoss a lot, although I'm more of a defense guy so I should actually play terran since that's the only race you CAN defend with. How's SC2 though? I heard like Toss is overpowered and everything...that sucks. And you can control like tons of units. That kills microing. In SC1 it's just like 12 units max to control at once so it all comes down to your micro skills. I don't think I'll like SC2 but hey that's just me. Just like Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl(if you guys know what that is) Melee>Brawl
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next