Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

Something weird happened to my computer.. :D

+5
DaddyAshuu
eafd
LuckyLotto
sparkvoltage
gilgamesh993
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Something weird happened to my computer.. :D Empty Something weird happened to my computer.. :D

Post by gilgamesh993 Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:09 pm

so like the title says... my comp just shut down on me while i was playing a game... i figured, "huh, ok windows update" so i turned it back on and after the windows vista greeting it just showed the My Computer file or whatever. everything else is black.

i did control alt delete to open up task manager and looked at the active processes to see that hardly any other processes were running. only about 5 out of the 30 that are usually up. so something made the essential programs go corrupted or something. idk any specifics. but from the my computer folder im able to start up programs and thats how im able to type this up... couldnt find the chrome file.. anyone know what its labeled under? fking slow mozilla.

but uh... yeah... i will probably not be on ca... even though i think i can go on regardless. does anyone know what kind of failure this is? im thinking its a virus that made my harddrive unreadable or something... i hope to god its a hard drive problem, because then i get a new comp.

in previous failures with this pile of junk ive seen just a black screen with not even the My Computer folder open.. from that i couldnt do anything and Best Buy gave me a new hard drive.

FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

so yeah... anyone know what the problem is and if it can be repaired? ima try to get my xfire to run and maybe talk to daddy there..
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Something weird happened to my computer.. :D Empty Re: Something weird happened to my computer.. :D

Post by gilgamesh993 Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:14 pm

omg this is epic. i can even take print screens of it. jesus.. heres what it looks like. even with mozilla minimized it still shows at the bottom of the screen without the task bar..'

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img526/2586/failure.jpg

this is the most convenient computer fail ive ever seen.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Something weird happened to my computer.. :D Empty Re: Something weird happened to my computer.. :D

Post by sparkvoltage Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:43 pm

gilgamesh993 wrote:omg this is epic. i can even take print screens of it. jesus.. heres what it looks like. even with mozilla minimized it still shows at the bottom of the screen without the task bar..'

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img526/2586/failure.jpg

this is the most convenient computer fail ive ever seen.
no idea what happened, but if u do get it fixed, update to windows 7. vista has WAY too many problems
sparkvoltage
sparkvoltage
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:52 pm

mm ill make sure to do that. thank god i can still access my files though cuz now i can back up everything i need before i go throw this out the window.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyLotto Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Jeeze right when daddy leaves too D : where is he when you need him the most lool
LuckyLotto
LuckyLotto
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Go into recovery mode, and then restore to the latest backup BEFORE wheN your comp failed. Also, get rid of that POS called vista.

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:12 pm

hm.. im pretty sure that there werent any automatic backups made, and i was too lazy to go turn it on. well im not really disappointed.. part of the reason i left it was because i wanted a new free comp.. so if theres no backups i cant fix this thing? Very Happy
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:38 pm

if you updated your comp, then your comp backed up for you right before every update

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:22 pm

It sounds like your Explorer.exe or Shell is corrupt..that's normally the signs of when you don't see the icons on the desktop..

You can try this..if you know how to bring up the "run" command..you can get to it by doing the "ctrl+alt+del" and selecting "task manager" then under "file" you should find it..When you find it type in

explorer.exe

and hit enter..this should reload the explorer and shell again..then all your desktop and icons should pop back up..

usually a reboot should bring everything back up also..if that don't work then reboot in safe mode and run a system restore a day before it happened..try this and let me know..also u keeping your system clean?

DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwnedbygunz Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:39 pm

LOL, I have vista and nothing like that ever happened to me. Why repair it??? If my computer went like that, oops I didn't do it. Why waste your time and money fixing it when you could just go to bestbuy and boom, new computer. When I grow up and have a job, if shit like that happens to my computer, I won't even bother to fix it, imma go get a new one, end of story. Very Happy
Pwnedbygunz
Pwnedbygunz
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.scgamers.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:47 pm

DaddyAshuu wrote:It sounds like your Explorer.exe or Shell is corrupt..that's normally the signs of when you don't see the icons on the desktop..

You can try this..if you know how to bring up the "run" command..you can get to it by doing the "ctrl+alt+del" and selecting "task manager" then under "file" you should find it..When you find it type in

explorer.exe

and hit enter..this should reload the explorer and shell again..then all your desktop and icons should pop back up..

usually a reboot should bring everything back up also..if that don't work then reboot in safe mode and run a system restore a day before it happened..try this and let me know..also u keeping your system clean?

well, one explorer window is already open sooooooooooo

idk what is going on

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwnedbygunz Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:51 pm

Something weird happened to my computer.. :D Big.jpg?im=0627

This is what gilga must be experiencing. Replace the youtube video with your computer. Now read what it says. Very Happy If that's you gilga, tsk tsk tsk, new computer time.
Pwnedbygunz
Pwnedbygunz
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.scgamers.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyLotto Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Pwnedbygunz wrote:Something weird happened to my computer.. :D Big.jpg?im=0627

This is what gilga must be experiencing. Replace the youtube video with your computer. Now read what it says. Very Happy If that's you gilga, tsk tsk tsk, new computer time.

This except he was raging because "when did this fucking happened" is not a proper grammatical phrase and he is mad at himself for making such an error Very Happy

haha sorry Gil i would be more helpful but i don't really know much about computers >.<
LuckyLotto
LuckyLotto
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 am

eafd wrote:
DaddyAshuu wrote:It sounds like your Explorer.exe or Shell is corrupt..that's normally the signs of when you don't see the icons on the desktop..

explorer.exe

well, one explorer window is already open sooooooooooo

idk what is going on

daddy's advice just pwned ur advice eafd. shocker. i just typed it in and everything popped back up. u and ur silly backups. pshh. this is the future. >=D
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:15 am

Something weird happened to my computer.. :D 6UFT

a bit late. but w.e

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 am

LOL. i was actually really excited when my comp went haywire.. i really really really want a new computer; and if best buy's gonna gimme a free one, i want this thing to break.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:01 am

oh so that explains the ": D" in the title.

if it's still in warranty, i'm pretty sure best buy will fix it / find an identical replacement.

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:35 am

yes its still in warranty.. theyve already fixed it four times and this wouldve been my fifth time at which they would give me a new one. however, since they dont make this type of computer anymore, id get to choose any one i wanted.... for free.

-steps on computer-
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:34 am

oh, so what you do is make it run crysis while wrapped tightly in 2-3 towels.

then run it to its tjmax and let it overheat over and over again until it fks up Very Happy

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:23 am

If you really want to crash it..DO THIS>>>

If you guys have a really dry air area..put on some socks and then open the side panel of the computer so the guts are exposed..then scrape around on the rug with your booty socks and do this for like 10 mins you will want to get a high charge of static electricity!!! then start touching around on the middle of the motherboard. Keep doing this for like 3 or 5 times, make sure you get that good spark that comes out of your finger when you go to touch that motherboard. try and concentrate on the RAM, CPU and a few of the capacitors, resistors and BIOS around the board. Then try and turn it on and see if it boots..high probability it will not..

Another thing is to take a fully charged 18 volt battery and take the terminals and touch the CPU, RAM, Vid card the BIOS chip on the motherboard. That will fry it all without anything showing up on the outside. Now, crash your hard drive by removing it and putting thick cardboard and duct tape around it real tight and about a few layers thick. THen throw that mother up in the air as high as u can a few times and then throw it off a roof a few times..that will jack up all the bearing and ams in side and the card board and duct tape will protect it to show no damage.

Walla..new computer...without any signs of tampering..
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:07 pm

i gots a laptop. >.<
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:21 pm

van der graaf generator + open ram slot = BAD BAD BAD (but good for gilga)

as for the hard drive, it might shatter the platters >_>
which would make a tinkling sound when you moved the laptop, so then they would be all Suspect

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:09 am

yeah.. i dont get a new one if i get a virus or it looks like i deliberately broke it.. like smashed the hard drive..
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itzjohn Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:52 am

good luck on breaking it lol
itzjohn
itzjohn
Power Poster
Power Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:07 am

gilgamesh993 wrote:yeah.. i dont get a new one if i get a virus or it looks like i deliberately broke it.. like smashed the hard drive..

shawk it wit sum STATIC

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum