Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

Question about lag

+2
DaddyAshuu
itzjohn
6 posters

Go down

Question about lag Empty Question about lag

Post by itzjohn Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:10 am

When I play any play in combat arms sometimes i would see a person running still in 1 place and sometime if its a enemy you can shoot them. My question is whose lagging? am i lagging or the person running in the same spot lagging?

I had a debate with my cousin. I said the person who see the person running still is the lagger. Then my cousin said it the person who running still is lagging because he the only one running still and the other people on your screen isn't running still.

itzjohn
itzjohn
Power Poster
Power Poster

Back to top Go down

Question about lag Empty Re: Question about lag

Post by DaddyAshuu Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:36 am

If I'm not mistaken I think its a server lag from that specific player to the CA server..

What happens is this...If player A starts getting "packet loss" which is were there are packets being dropped from the Players A computer to the CA server and Player B is also on the same server, Player A client software will continue to re-send the packets to the server until it gets a response back from the CA server or after a specific amount of time completely timeout. At that same time Player B will see Player A running in place or teleporting (depending on how many packets are being droped each sec), but on Players A computer he is still running around or teleporting. If more packets get dropped then it'll look like from Players A computer that everyone is running in place while he is still running around. If connections are re-established then that were from Player A point of view he is either killed by then or is running into a wall, over edge, etc. But, on Players B side he will stay running in place until he either gets disconnected by to many packet loss or teleports somewhere on the map...

You can check for packet loss by doing a "ping" test to a server..theres alot of things that can cause packet loss..
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:33 am

It can happen from both ends. Sometimes I see someone lagging, but my bro in the same game doesn't.

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by guildamage Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:36 pm

It depends john but easy way to tell:

If you see everyone in game moving in place you are the lagger.

If you see only one person running in place and everyone else is moving just fine, he is the lagger.

guildamage
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:47 pm

guildamage wrote:It depends john but easy way to tell:

If you see only one person running in place and everyone else is moving just fine, he is the lagger.

^^ that explains it also... verynotimpressedplz
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by blancanunca Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 pm

guildamage wrote:It depends john but easy way to tell:

generally true

eafd wrote:It can happen from both ends. Sometimes I see someone lagging, but my bro in the same game doesn't.

this is also true though.

Any easy way of telling someone is lagging is if they are running in place on something, as if stuck. That, or they are unreactive to events around them, like the people stuck in the roof in TT. notice how they don't really move / look around, yet still type? >.>

Also, the players stuck in the roof can be a problem with either player; some people may see the player stuck there, while others may not.

Who truly is lagging is out for debate, but who cares? as long as you don't look like you're opking by killing the lagged person, and as long as the person who is lagging isn't doing it intentionally, the world goes round and everyone is fine without knowing who is actually lagging. I'd like to say it's just the server being stupid most of the times.

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:58 pm

i hate it when someone lags and it looks like they tapped. just one of my last games i was getting shot through the walls... at first i thought it was an opk'er and i got that "aha" feeling when ur like ok i found a hacker. but then he appeared on the steps behind me and started shooting my teammate, who was also caught off guard. =/
obviously his unintentional lag... sigh it left me with a blarg feeling. -.-
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blancanunca Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:19 pm

that type of lag can be abused, specifically on grave digger. causes a ton of problems and QQing, since it basically is a so called "legit" tactic by those who abuse it.

it's obviously an unintended exploit that goes against the spirit of the game, and CBL accepts reports of people abusing these locations if there are 3+ incidences of the same location being abused to prove intent.

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildamage Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:15 pm

I'm also pretty sure that some of the lag is a result of Nexon having busy/garbage servers. I've been told i was "lagging" "bullets coming from nowhere" but on my end i see no isues running 100+ FPS and a 16 ping to my vent server with no other network traffic other then CA.

That same game (this was all last night) their team was doing it too (it was a cwar), afterwards we discussed it and decided that it was nexon being lame, since on each person's end everything seemed fine and the people they were accusing on our side all have great computers with fantastic internet connections (one guy did a speed test and got 28mb down and 1.5 up with a 92 ping to la), and i had 3mb down and .5up also with a 92 ping.

I'm not sure what Nexon has been doing lately, but it seems like the lag is only going from bad to worse.

guildamage
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down