Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

Some homework help? :D

5 posters

Go down

Some homework help? :D Empty Some homework help? :D

Post by Divide00 Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Before you tell me not to ask for homework help or whatever, listen and read. Don't tell me TL;DR lmao. Uhm so I need like 5 countries with cultural stuff so does anyone know like any special countries with cultures that are really different? Ambiguous I know but it's for my project and I'm supposed to like do an "Amazing Race" project so we're "going around the world" to visit different cultures and write about it. So even someplace like Hawaii (Daddy), if you have any cool cultural things around Hawaii that you won't normally hear about, let me know and I can research more about it :p

ZzzzzZzzzZZzzZ yes i'm just wasting time lmao. But any suggestions can help me out Very Happy
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Some homework help? :D Empty Re: Some homework help? :D

Post by acidreamer Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Mexico, India, Japan, Russia, Democratic Republic of the Congo. All pretty different.

acidreamer
Lurker
Lurker

https://www.youtube.com/acidreamer01

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Well I mean, like specific cultural things. Like in certain places we can go hunt with a tribe and or dance a certain way with people because its culture is only relative to that area. But thanks I'll look those places up
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Hey!! I'm more than happy to share my cultural with anyone interested!!

Here's a site that pretty full of info!

http://www.hawaiihistory.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=ig.page&CategoryID=305
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Haha alright thanks. I prolly won't go to Hawaii though cause we should stay away from the US unless we're gonna go to Native Tribes or something :p but thanks anyways
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:16 pm

tl;dr

I don't know to what extent these differences should be.

NORTH KOREA'S PRETTY DAMN DIFFERENT.

You could easily say the culture is different in asian countries. religious beliefs, traditions, behaviors, etc. Those should be easy.

uhm I kinda know hispanic cultures. The only thing that really stands out to me is the people's behaviors. They're less formal. for example, when you enter a room at a party in a hispanic country, you shake hands and greet every person there; same deal when you leave. as opposed to here...

also their views on the dead. They live with it more comfortably than we do.

gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by -Fongstar- Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Well I'm Hmong and, i don't think i can help you much because Hmong people don't have a country. We are Hmong people because we have been able to maintain our culture and our own language. Our religion is Shamanism. Etc.
I don't have all the time to type down every single detail.
Here's a link on our culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hmong_customs_and_culture
-Fongstar-
-Fongstar-
Power Poster
Power Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:47 pm

just because you don't have your own country doesn't mean you don't have culture.

also, HERRO FONG. HERRO DERVIDE.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:50 pm

@gil ehhh yeah I didn't think I could get much help I was just seeing what kinda ideas you guys would have :p Currently we're gonna go to Chile, some country in Australia, some country in Africa, Japan and Korea Very Happy and we're gonna do random cultural stuff like hunting food with some people and cooking it and blah. (We're not seriously going here if you didn't catch that) My project's to write a report about these experiences and do other stuff. Working with crazykidguy, ultragun, and disoriented :p but yeah

@Fongie hmm well I could probably visit China and visit a place with Hmong culture "hypothetically". Interesting though, if we decide to go through this I'll let you know and you can tell me all about the things you do Very Happy

edit: herroooo. and yeah but that doesn't mean Hmong people aren't located in certain parts of countries, like say, China. So yeah :p

Last edited by Divide00 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by -Fongstar- Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Yo Gilga, Divide asked for a country with culture stuff but, Hmong people dont have a country, but we have a culture.
-Fongstar-
-Fongstar-
Power Poster
Power Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by -Fongstar- Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Divide00 wrote:@gil ehhh yeah I didn't think I could get much help I was just seeing what kinda ideas you guys would have :p Currently we're gonna go to Chile, some country in Australia, some country in Africa, Japan and Korea Very Happy and we're gonna do random cultural stuff like hunting food with some people and cooking it and blah. (We're not seriously going here if you didn't catch that) My project's to write a report about these experiences and do other stuff. Working with crazykidguy, ultragun, and disoriented :p but yeah

@Fongie hmm well I could probably visit China and visit a place with Hmong culture "hypothetically". Interesting though, if we decide to go through this I'll let you know and you can tell me all about the things you do Very Happy

edit: herroooo. and yeah but that doesn't mean Hmong people aren't located in certain parts of countries, like say, China. So yeah :p
We used to have our own kingdom until China started to expand their country. We rebelled and were drove out. They called us the barbarians of the mountains. Very Happy
-Fongstar-
-Fongstar-
Power Poster
Power Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:50 pm

-Fongstar- wrote:Yo Gilga, Divide asked for a country with culture stuff

i did say tl;dr Razz

spain is a hispanic country. China is an asian country. there.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:48 am

Divide00 wrote:Haha alright thanks. I prolly won't go to Hawaii though cause we should stay away from the US unless we're gonna go to Native Tribes or something :p but thanks anyways

Well..politically we are part of the US, BUT we do have a different culture from the rest of the Americas..we have alot of activist here that are trying to become a sovereign nation again. Like the Native Tribes of the US, we're working at getting recognized as a indigenous people..
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:03 am

DaddyAshuu wrote:
Divide00 wrote:Haha alright thanks. I prolly won't go to Hawaii though cause we should stay away from the US unless we're gonna go to Native Tribes or something :p but thanks anyways

Well..politically we are part of the US, BUT we do have a different culture from the rest of the Americas..

I freaking love that about Hawaii. It's like trying to tame a stallion... it's so amazing in so many aspects, so different from anything most of us have experienced, and we're putting a brand on it. To think of how culturally unique Hawaii is compared to its size is astounding.

what was that banner you always had about your Hawaiian pride? Glad you recognized it for what it is. Very Happy
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Divide00 Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:13 am

Lmao yes yes that's why I considered Hawaii because of all that. I know the cultures there are very different so it'd be cool to research about it. Maybe I'll actually visit Hawaii someday. When that day comes I'll let daddy know Very Happy
Divide00
Divide00
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum