Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

fuck you windows

4 posters

Go down

fuck you windows Empty fuck you windows

Post by VenArch Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Why won't you let me work with the computer in the way that I want... fffffff

I had a good system before, just 1 hard drive with Windows 7 on it. Two partitions, one for data, one for programs and shit.

Then Windows 8 came out and I'm like oooo. Found a new HDD and connected it to my computer, reformatted that, partitioned it, installed Win8.

Turns out Win8 sucked. Too buggy, not many new things, etc.

Decided I wanted to go back to Linux, specifically Ubuntu. I got rid of it a couple of years ago when I built this computer.

So I planned to install Ubuntu on the drive, the totally separate drive, that I had Win8 on. Somehow, the overwriting of Win8 caused my Win7 drive to fuck up, meaning that I couldn't use it. So I'm like, wtf.

Then once I got Ubuntu working, the new 11.04 version doesn't automatically install a graphics driver apparently, and I didn't know so when I tried restarting, I couldn't see anything, so I'm like, wtf.

After several hours of trying to fix my Win7 drive, I'm like fuckit,I'lljustreinstallwindows. I did that, and it all worked fine. Then I tried to go to my other drive to install Ubuntu again and it's all like OHO ERROR ERR OR ROROROERROR, and I'm like, wtf.

TURNS OUT, SOMEHOW, SOMEWHERE, THE BOOT FILES FOR THE WIN7 DRIVE AND OS ARE SITUATED ON THE DRIVE THAT I WANT UBUNTU ON, SO I CAN'T USE IT BECAUSE SOMEHOW, THE SYSTEM RESERVED PARTITION IS SITUATED RIGHT IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE OF THE DRIVE, AND I CAN'T MOVE IT OR REFORMAT IT.

and I'm like, wtf.

SO THEN, I'M LIKE FUCK YOU ALL FUCKERS, AND I DISCONNECTED MY SUPPOSED UBUNTU DRIVE AND REINSTALLED WIN7 A-FUCKING-GAIN AND I'M HOPING TO DEAR GOD THAT SOMETHING DOESN'T FUCK UP AGAIN SO I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS FOR A THIRD TIME.

and I still didn't get Ubuntu up yet.

/rage

Actually I don't think that that was all of the problems that I had; I probably forgot some of them.
VenArch
VenArch
Admin

Back to top Go down

fuck you windows Empty Re: fuck you windows

Post by VenArch Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Oh and I really don't wanna reinstall CA, so this is kinda like an unofficial iQuit.
VenArch
VenArch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:53 pm

and you're like, wtf
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:08 pm

OMG! I haven't had to mess with windows 7 partition yet..DAM! I hate how facked up things can get when it feels like it should run smoothly. Sorry to hear that Ven!

and...wtf!??
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Lol i never ran into problems like this

i had a system partition, vista, XP, and ubuntu + recovery partition at one point or another

and i'm still fine, ended up deleting the quad boot setup and kept just my win7 partition

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by VenArch Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:22 pm

By golly I think it worked...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
VenArch
VenArch
Admin

Back to top Go down