Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

Damit! I knew I should have waited before I got my new computer!

Go down

Damit! I knew I should have waited before I got my new computer!  Empty Damit! I knew I should have waited before I got my new computer!

Post by DaddyAshuu Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:36 am

1,000 core processor...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/215113/1000_Core_Processor_Eats_Quad_Core_CPUs_For_Lunch.html?tk=rss_news

1000-Core Processor Eats Quad-Core CPUs For Lunch
By James Mulroy, PCWorld Dec 29, 2010 9:16 am

Late last year, we covered an Intel CPU with 48 cores on a single chip. That sounds impressive, but a new prototype makes this looks like child's play.

Scottish researchers have built a 1000-core processor (yes, three zeros) that runs 20 times faster than current chips and uses less power. Amazingly, this chip approaches the maximum mesh diameter before the chip-network connecting the cores negatively impacts performance.

Researchers believe that this new technology will become more common and help speed up computers over the next couple years.

The research team used the greener field programmable gate array (FPGA), a specific integrated circuit design typically configured by the consumer after manufacturing, to build the chip. Since consumers can configure the FPGA, the researchers were able to use some creative program to integrate 1000 cores and divide the processing load among all 1000. Given the 100-core processor's unique customizable nature, it's actually more energy efficient than your typical modern multi-core CPU.

Back in November, Intel said that a 1,000-core processor is possible to build, but the scientists from the University of Glasgow beat Intel to the finish-line.

Given the extent of this discovery it is sure to revolutionize the way computers work. I can't wait to have one of my own so that I can do 3D fluid dynamics from my laptop instead of needing that silly super computer.

DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum