Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

More hiatus. D=

+4
gilgamesh993
DaddyAshuu
{-DethHathCome-}
BlackLevia
8 posters

Go down

More hiatus. D=  Empty More hiatus. D=

Post by BlackLevia Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:43 am

My bloody comp. just died again. It went to sleep mode & won't wake up. RAGE. Well. No more computer for like... a very long time.

Chao.
BlackLevia
BlackLevia
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

More hiatus. D=  Empty Re: More hiatus. D=

Post by {-DethHathCome-} Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:45 am

BlackLevia wrote:My bloody comp. just died again. It went to sleep mode & won't wake up. RAGE. Well. No more computer for like... a very long time.

Chao.

My computer freezes when I wake it up from sleep....

I had to turn off sleep mode Razz
{-DethHathCome-}
{-DethHathCome-}
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:17 am

BlackLevia wrote:My bloody comp. just died again. It went to sleep mode & won't wake up. RAGE. Well. No more computer for like... a very long time.

Chao.

Hey Black...try this..

Unplug your computer from the power outlet...then push and hold the power button on the computer in for 30 secs then release it, next plug the power back in and then see if it will power back up again. If it does go into the "Control Panel" and in the "Power Options" turn off the option for it to go to sleep..

see if that works..
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLevia Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:48 pm

DaddyAshuu (Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:17 am) wrote:

Chao.

Hey Black...try this..

Unplug your computer from the power outlet...then push and hold the power button on the computer in for 30 secs then release it, next plug the power back in and then see if it will power back up again. If it does go into the "Control Panel" and in the "Power Options" turn off the option for it to go to sleep..

see if that works..

I'll try that & get back to you...

If this helps you diagnose the problem, I turned the power bar off and it remained the same.

But it's not in "off" mode, it's still in "sleep-won't-wake-up" mode, i.e I can make the machine run just by pressing space bar or something, but blank screen.

T.Y for the help anyway... My comp. is likewhat, 6 years old? @.@

=============

Didn't work, still in "sleep mode"....... TY anyway~
BlackLevia
BlackLevia
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gilgamesh993 Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:04 pm

its in a coma.
gilgamesh993
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:23 pm

wait, you're running CA on a 6 year old comp?

._.

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itzjohn Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:25 am

BlackLevia wrote:
DaddyAshuu (Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:17 am) wrote:

Chao.

Hey Black...try this..

see if that works..

I'll try that & get back to you...

If this helps you diagnose the problem, I turned the power bar off and it remained the same.

But it's not in "off" mode, it's still in "sleep-won't-wake-up" mode, i.e I can make the machine run just by pressing space bar or something, but blank screen.

T.Y for the help anyway... My comp. is likewhat, 6 years old? @.@

=============

Didn't work, still in "sleep mode"....... TY anyway~

not sure if this might be the problem but try un-pluging the vga cable ( its blue ) and then re plug it back.
itzjohn
itzjohn
Power Poster
Power Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwnedbygunz Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:39 am

LOL black, having computer problems eh. No worries. If that was me, and I had that old comp like u do, I wouldn't even bother to fix that shit, I would rather get a new one. Like imma waste my time fixing a 6 year old piece of crap when I can simply bash it and get a new one right?
Pwnedbygunz
Pwnedbygunz
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.scgamers.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyKorean Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:52 am

lol, try reformat?

my uncle do that 4 my sh.it laptop and it fixed it.

and if it start 2 overheat or smoke up jus shut down and put near fan for a bit~ Razz
DannyKorean
DannyKorean
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwnedbygunz Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:01 am

DannyKorean wrote:lol, try reformat?

and if it start 2 overheat or smoke up jus shut down and put near fan for a bit~ Razz

Not even. When my computer crashed 2 years ago, and it was sort of brand new at time and it crashed on me. As soon as it did, I was pulling money out of my safe and I told my dad my computer crashed and i don't have time to deal with that shit, so here's 800 bucks and let's go buy a new one. So close, he just had to find those recovery disks, I was so close to even a better computer, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo Very Happy
Pwnedbygunz
Pwnedbygunz
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.scgamers.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by itzjohn Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:18 am

Pwnedbygunz wrote:
DannyKorean wrote:lol, try reformat?

Not even. When my computer crashed 2 years ago, and it was sort of brand new at time and it crashed on me. As soon as it did, I was pulling money out of my safe and I told my dad my computer crashed and i don't have time to deal with that shit, so here's 800 bucks and let's go buy a new one. So close, he just had to find those recovery disks, I was so close to even a better computer, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo Very Happy

i hope ur house don't crash if not u going to buy a new one everytime it crashes
itzjohn
itzjohn
Power Poster
Power Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:37 am

it actually sounds like the monitor's backlight died.

stick a really bright flashlight next to the screeen and shine it on it while the computer is on.

can you see a faint picture underneath?

if so, it's your monitor.

(btw this happened to our old 5 year old dell, we bought a new 24 inch screen and a new gfx card to go with it Very Happy)

(nvidia 8400GS, cost only 10 bux, what a deal, it can handle CA @ 1920x1080 without lag ._.)

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLevia Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 pm

I think I screwed something up yesterday o_o It remained the sleep mode even when I un+replugged the power, so I took out the CMOS battery to reset o_o. Now it won't even start running.

& btw, this computer is godly =X. It can run nba2k11 at mid-high. Lol. I'm pretty sure it's that old, because at the time, I was playing CoD2 on it o_o.
BlackLevia
BlackLevia
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itzjohn Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:35 pm

BlackLevia wrote:I think I screwed something up yesterday o_o It remained the sleep mode even when I un+replugged the power, so I took out the CMOS battery to reset o_o. Now it won't even start running.

& btw, this computer is godly =X. It can run nba2k11 at mid-high. Lol. I'm pretty sure it's that old, because at the time, I was playing CoD2 on it o_o.

I have 2 question.

When you turn on your computer do u see the loading stuff that always happens when you turn on your computer? the blue screen with Welcome ( this is for window xp ) something like that.

Next question

can you see your computer screen in safe mode?
itzjohn
itzjohn
Power Poster
Power Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLevia Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:22 pm

itzjohn wrote:
BlackLevia wrote:I think I screwed something up yesterday o_o It remained the sleep mode even when I un+replugged the power, so I took out the CMOS battery to reset o_o. Now it won't even start running.

I have 2 question.

When you turn on your computer do u see the loading stuff that always happens when you turn on your computer? the blue screen with Welcome ( this is for window xp ) something like that.

Next question

can you see your computer screen in safe mode?

As of now? When you poke the power button, Nothing, literally, happens... X.X

BlackLevia
BlackLevia
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Hmmm..removing the CMOS battery shouldn't have made the computer not power back up again. Before you touched the CMOS battery, did you touch the case to ground yourself? Is the air really dry where you are right now? Small possiblility of static electricity hitting the board.

DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLevia Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:19 am

It. Is. Fixed.

Hazaah.~

My dad took it down to the basement & came back after like 3 minutes - -,
BlackLevia
BlackLevia