Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:39 am

I forgot my password

I'm flipping out

5 posters

Go down

I'm flipping out Empty I'm flipping out

Post by -XenoChrist- Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm on vacation at my parent's for a week, and dear god is their router crap. It'll end up giving me ulcers or something. The Internet is plenty fast, but IT KEEPS DISCONNECTING. Like, every 15 minutes, just enough time to build a nice score. Sometimes, every thirthy seconds. I've been here three days, and haven't been able to finish about 75% of my games. I'm going mad!!
-XenoChrist-
-XenoChrist-

Back to top Go down

I'm flipping out Empty Re: I'm flipping out

Post by reema4 Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:20 pm

have fun with that Twisted Evil
reema4
reema4
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by -XenoChrist- Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Omfg, I was going something like 44-24 in TT and it did it again. I taste blood.
-XenoChrist-
-XenoChrist-

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:46 pm

-XenoChrist- wrote:I'm on vacation at my parent's for a week, and dear god is their router crap. It'll end up giving me ulcers or something. The Internet is plenty fast, but IT KEEPS DISCONNECTING. Like, every 15 minutes, just enough time to build a nice score. Sometimes, every thirthy seconds. I've been here three days, and haven't been able to finish about 75% of my games. I'm going mad!!

Not sure how tech savy you are or if your parents will allow you to do this but here's some things you can try..

Reboot the router (unplug the power and replug it back in) then check and see if internet is stable if not you can try a "hard reset" on the router. To do a hard reset there's a pin hole on the back of the router that you cna use a pin or something small to press the button inside, normally push and hold it for 10 to 20 secs or until the lights on the front all flash off then back on. The one problem with hard reset is that it will reset the router to its factory settings, erasing any wireless setup and passwords. So make sure you check with your parnets first. The last thing you can try is to re-flash or upgrafe the firmware on the router, in order to do that you need to go to the manufactures support web site and look for the model of your router then download the firmware to your computer, then log into the router and apply the firmware update..each router is different so you might want to check the routers website on how to flash the router..I usually will try these three things on a customers router before I recommending them getting a new one..

Here's a site on how you would do it if you had a Linksys WRT router..if you don't feel comfotable I would recommend having someone else do it..

http://www.wrtrouters.com/guides/upgradefirmware/

Good Luck!
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by DaddyAshuu Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:51 pm

DaddyAshuu wrote:
-XenoChrist- wrote:I'm on vacation at my parent's for a week, and dear god is their router crap. It'll end up giving me ulcers or something. The Internet is plenty fast, but IT KEEPS DISCONNECTING. Like, every 15 minutes, just enough time to build a nice score. Sometimes, every thirthy seconds. I've been here three days, and haven't been able to finish about 75% of my games. I'm going mad!!

I work for Time Warner Cable and we have had a problem with our cable modems (Toshiba and WebStar) disconnecting from Linksys/Ciscos routers every 15 mins we had to do a firmware upgrade to the router and it fixxed it and guess who figured it out..yep me! Stupid TW cable didn't know what to do or how to fix it. If you have this setup (TW and Linksys Router) I would call them and let them know or upgrade the firmware on your router.

Not sure how tech savy you are or if your parents will allow you to do this but here's some things you can try..

Reboot the router (unplug the power and replug it back in) then check and see if internet is stable if not you can try a "hard reset" on the router. To do a hard reset there's a pin hole on the back of the router that you cna use a pin or something small to press the button inside, normally push and hold it for 10 to 20 secs or until the lights on the front all flash off then back on. The one problem with hard reset is that it will reset the router to its factory settings, erasing any wireless setup and passwords. So make sure you check with your parnets first. The last thing you can try is to re-flash or upgrafe the firmware on the router, in order to do that you need to go to the manufactures support web site and look for the model of your router then download the firmware to your computer, then log into the router and apply the firmware update..each router is different so you might want to check the routers website on how to flash the router..I usually will try these three things on a customers router before I recommending them getting a new one..

Here's a site on how you would do it if you had a Linksys WRT router..if you don't feel comfotable I would recommend having someone else do it..

http://www.wrtrouters.com/guides/upgradefirmware/

Good Luck!
DaddyAshuu
DaddyAshuu
Admin

https://pandemonium.canadaboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by -XenoChrist- Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:07 pm

All right, I'll try this out if it does it again (it will do it again).

Thanks!
-XenoChrist-
-XenoChrist-

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyLotto Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:31 pm

-XenoChrist- wrote:All right, I'll try this out if it does it again (it will do it again).

Thanks!

Lol if you didn't figure it out yet. Daddy's our tech guy : P
Go to him if you need any computer help haha
LuckyLotto
LuckyLotto
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:35 pm

OH MY FUCKING GOD

THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING TO ME TOO

EXCEPT I HAVE USUALLY EPIC INTERNET.

turns out the underground cable was bad, and they switched it over to another one

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by -XenoChrist- Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:33 pm

It's just SO annoying when you run around like a fool, hide everywhere, and spend 5 minutes looking for enemies, only to realize you haven't heard any gunshots in a while and see all your team member's names not moving around....
-XenoChrist-
-XenoChrist-

Back to top Go down

Post by eafd Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:00 am

lol, that happens to me sometimes in NORMAL games, except my internet is still connected, it's just that the other team is being nooby and deciding to camp in the back corner of their base

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum